Prepare yourself for a career working as a computer software engineer, systems analyst, computer programmer or Help Desk support in as little as 16 weeks. Students who successfully complete the program earn a short-term certificate from Northwest State Community College, which can be applied toward an associate degree Students may choose to take the program from either the Toledo (Scott Park) or Archbold campus.
Below is a brief description of the courses included in the I.T. Specialist program. Complete descriptions are available in the Course Catalog.
- ICDL: Computer hardware/software, windows OS, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Data Management, email & Internet.
- IT Service & Communication: Focus on communication skills within a group and professionalism in the workplace.
- Programming I: Utilizing Visual Basic, the base foundations that underlay programming in the majority of programming languages including requirement gathering, use case and event planning documentation.
- Programming II: Object oriented programming using C# language
- Network Fundamentals: Basic network concepts and terminology, both theoretical and practical are introduced. Learning objectives tested in the CompTIA Network+ exam are covered.
- Database Fundamentals: Moves beyond PC based databases by utilizing SQLite and SQLExpress. Covers relational database concepts and utilizes Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Database Reporting: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) will be utilized to effectively pull information from a variety of database systems.
- Discrete Structures & Logic: Programming language foundations (Boolean logic, recurrence relations & functions) along with algorithms (sorting, binary search & flowcharting).
Students also have the opportunity to earn the following industry certifications:
- International Computer Drivers License (ICDL)
- Microsoft Technical Associate Database Administration
- Microsoft Technical Associate Software Development
- TestOut Network Pro
For more information contact:
Directions to our new Advanced Manufacturing Training Center can be found here